Spinach is among the mostly discovered leafy inexperienced veggies in Indian households. Also referred to as palak, this ingredient kinds the bottom for quite a few principal course dishes. We additionally use it to make snacks comparable to pakoras and tikkis. Spinach is a good supply of calcium, nutritional vitamins (Ok, D and C), dietary fibre, potassium and magnesium. It strengthens our bones and immune system whereas additionally selling coronary heart well being. The wide-ranging advantages of this frequent veggie are the principle causes we are sometimes suggested to eat extra of it. Happily, there are lots of scrumptious methods to incorporate spinach in our common food plan. In case you’re bored of the identical previous palak dishes, fret not. We’ve got a recipe that can refresh your palate and energise your system: Keerai Molagootal. Discover out extra under.
Additionally Learn: Love Shimla Mirch? 5 Distinctive And Fascinating Methods To Cook dinner With Capsicums
What’s Keerai Molagootal?
Keerai Molagootal is a South Indian preparation of spinach, with somewhat dal combined in. This dish is usually thought of to have originated from the Palakkad district in Kerala. “Keerai” means spinach in Tamil. Keerai Molagootal is a splendidly healthful gravy. It doesn’t use an excessive amount of oil. Not like different frequent palak dishes, it doesn’t want any milk merchandise. Quite, a combination of dal, coconut and spices complement the cooked spinach puree. Full of vitamins and bursting with flavour, this dish could be loved with rotis, rice, dosas and extra. This yummy dish could be ready in beneath half-hour. Try our straightforward recipe under.
Additionally Learn: Iron-Wealthy Breakfast: How To Make Spinach Omelette In 10 Min
How To Make Keerai Molagootal At Residence? Keralite Spinach Gravy Recipe
- Cook dinner toor dal in a stress cooker till it’s mushy. Later, mash the dal and set it apart.
- In a pan, warmth oil and splutter urad dal and entire pink chillies.
- As soon as the combination is cooled, add it to a grinder with grated coconut, cumin seeds and water as required. Mix to type a easy paste.
- Cooked chopped spinach leaves with water and salt till softened. Cool and later mix to type a puree.
- In a kadhai, combine the spinach puree with the mashed dal and the bottom combination ready earlier. Add salt to style.
- Enable the combination to come back to a boil.
- Put together a tempering combination of mustard seeds, urad dal, and entire pink chillies in scorching oil. Pour it on high of the palak preparation.
Click on right here for the entire recipe for Keerai Molagootal
The following time you are planning to cook dinner spinach, check out this recipe. The attractive mix of South Indian flavours will certainly be a delight.
Additionally Learn: 5 Scrumptious And Wholesome Inexperienced Dips To Pair With Your Snacks
About Toshita SahniToshita is fuelled by wordplay, wanderlust, wonderment and Alliteration. When she will not be blissfully considering her subsequent meal, she enjoys studying novels and roaming across the metropolis.
Supply By https://meals.ndtv.com/food-drinks/this-delicious-spinach-gravy-from-kerala-takes-palak-to-the-next-level-3902756